girl growing

and a space for her to play in

Thursday, January 18, 2007

clarify

i guess i don't ever really assume that anyone other than wellspring folks will venture into my blog.
i generally don't find it to be too fantastic or inspiring,
but every once in awhile i get to feel special.
thanks to my dear friend mark berry...i've had a visitor that left a very interesting comment on my latest blog 'blessing':
'Juli, thanks for posting this. i really enjoyed the blessing you wrote. I saw it first on Mark Berry's blog. I would like to point out, though, that the question Jesus was responding to was not 'how to get to heaven.' Thanks again!' -eric
i appreciate eric's comment...i'm simply wondering if that's really what the 'expert of the law' was asking jesus in luke 10, or is it just that i've grown up in a pretty heaven-driven fundamental part of the country?
the young man asked...'what must I do to inherit eternal life?'
i tend to read that as meaning, what must i do to get into heaven....
i totally understand that jesus wasn't answering the question,
at least not the one that the 'young expert' wanted answered.
anyways, enough with semantics and theology...
eric's comment was a good one and it made me think,
so thanks for that, and thanks mark berry :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home