girl growing

and a space for her to play in

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

rest

'are you tired? 
worn out?
burned out on religion?
come to me.
get away with me and you'll recover your life.
i'll show you how to take a real rest.
walk with me and work with me-
watch how i do it.
learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
i won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.'

i have been so tired from trying.
so worn out on how to figure things out.
burned out on school, on books, on learning about God.
i am so thankful to be on this trip.
so grateful to wake up at 3am and see lightning storms over mountains...
to sit at tables for hours just talking about life...
to work with people that are trying to combine community, faith, work, & art all together...
and allow me to work alongside and learn from them.
i am thankful that i have time to create a new rhythm for my life.
the old one is fading away and it's loss comes over my frozen, exhausted soul like waves of warm water...
and i am being washed clean again.
thank you. thank you. thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home