girl growing

and a space for her to play in

Thursday, July 24, 2008

who i am

it's weird, being in a new place where no one knows who i am.
i'm able to be the juli i want to be.
i am not covered by anxiety, by pain, by shame.
i am just me and i reveal my story piece by piece,
but mostly i just be.
it is surreal...
sometimes it's as if i'm outside of my body looking in.
i see this happy girl that is carefree, without worry, honest, and spontaneous.
i didn't know this juli existed.
kinda makes me sad that i didn't know she could exist,
and it's hard not to wonder what my life will be like if i choose to go back home to the states.
i'm already forgetting the faces of people back home...
their voices, their smells, their touch.
i wonder if they remember me clearly still,
if they think about me from time to time,
and i wonder if they will recognize me when i get home.
somehow i'm not even sure that i'll recognize myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're doing it again, Juli. Stop that now. You can wonder what they will think when your plane lands on US soil ;-)

12:19 AM  
Blogger juli said...

i am so glad i get to see you in a few days. maybe you can knock some sense into me :)

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun stuff. i remember a time in my life that was like yours. it was not in europe, it was in north carolina. no one knew me. i tried on a lot of different things and found some of my voice. it changed me forever.

stay the course until this work is done.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home