girl growing

and a space for her to play in

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

in the end.

it has been a long time since i blogged.
recently i've tried to figure out why that is,
and the best answer i can come up with is...
because i'm happy.
it seems silly really,
but it's pretty much the truth.
after returning from my 5 1/2 month trip across europe i found myself to be a different person.
blogging about pain and suffering and deep change is a lot easier than simply saying that,
'today i am happy'.
it just isn't quite as profound.
so where am i now?
despite the recession i have found a great job:
i'm lucky enough to spend my time planning summer camps for kids.
the work behind camps is tons of fun,
and really rewarding as well.
i am still loving my communities and learning how to be loved by them.
my family is alive and well...
learning how to heal and how to grow.
ryan and i are still dating and still working on our relationship.
we will have been together 3 years this september.
but does love conquer all?
i suppose only time will tell.
and God and i?
well,
we're still working on our relationship too.
and lastly, i've found something i'm really passionate about:
taking pictures.
my parents were lovely enough to buy me a new canon 50d dslr and i've been snapping photos every chance i get.
in fact, i've started a new blog to track through my picture-taking progress.
and so, for now, i'm happy.
it's time to move on and start something new.
maybe you can visit me there

'happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth...
we are happy when we are growing' 
-yeats

2 Comments:

Blogger texelct said...

The end of an era. I'm so proud, I think I'm going to cry. I'm looking forward to the next.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think being happy - especially if that really means content - is very profound. I'll miss your writing. I visited regularly and always appreciated your perspective. And I'll certainly visit you regularly at the new place.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home