girl growing

and a space for her to play in

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

lit·a·ny

[lit-n-ee] a ceremonial or liturgical form of prayer consisting of a series of invocations or supplications with responses that are the same for a number in succession.
this past week at wellspring i tried something new...
instead of doing my weekly blessing,
i went with a litany instead.
we replaced our 'jesus creed' with it...and it turned out...different.
i think i was so nervous that i didn't fully explain it well,
and since many don't come from the same background as i do...
it may have been hard to feel engaged with it.
it was derived from ken's message covering psalms 42-43.
i also threw in some ideas from what i'm adding to the gathering each week-
situations in the bible that deal with the number 40.
last week we looked at noah...rod and i did a pretty cool art piece and i was proud of us.
this time of lent is sad for us...kind of depressing...and yet it always ends in hope.
next week i'll be reinstating the blessing...it was much needed last week.
2-25-07
deep calls to deep
chaos to chaos
the waters are rising
the waves are sweeping over me
-why are you downcast, O my soul?


my soul is gasping
i am dying of thirst
i am consuming only tears
-why are you downcast, O my soul?


where are you, my God?
i lay here
open and exposed
restless and crying out
-why are you downcast, O my soul?


i will be honest and authentic
both my doubt and faith will be seen
'i am not as i was'
-why are you downcast, O my soul?


i am crushed by the crashing wind and waves
my lungs are filling
i cannot breathe
-why are you downcast, O my soul?


you have promised to love my always
through the day your love will guide me
at night your song will be with me
i will put my hope in God
-for i will yet praise Him
my Savior and my God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home