girl growing

and a space for her to play in

Thursday, February 15, 2007

together

we went on our first official date.
we made reservations.
we got dressed up.
we finally saw my swans...and ducks...and peacocks.
we exchanged gifts.
we were serenaded by piano.
we tried to remember which fork and spoon you use first.
we wined and dined a four course meal.
we realized that the price had changed...
it was $75 per person before tip, tax & valet.
we texted my father who came to the rescue, like usual.
i got over some pride issues,
and he made me smile.
we giggled,
we snapped at each other,
got angry,
i cried,
he raised his voice,
we worked it out.
we pretended to be grown up for a night,
and like most times, it did not turn out as expected...
and yet, it was beautiful.
funny how things turn out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rodney said...

I'm happy for my friends!

3:55 PM  
Blogger brad/futuristguy said...

you have such a wonderful "voice" in your writings, juli a. and whatta great story! glad it had a most happy ending ...

10:31 PM  
Blogger juli said...

thanks guys!

which brad is this?!?

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for my friends too. It's fun watching you guys journey. Thanks for sharing snippets of your life with me.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home